Friday, March 11, 2011

On my wish list...


There as so many exciting books being released in the next few months that I honestly don't know which way to turn. Here's an excerpt from the list of many, many books I regularly drool over.

....
The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
Publishing date: April 19, 2011
Goodreads

Okay, I should probably preface this by saying I'm a huge greek mythology geek. I love everything about it and am fascinated by anything even remotely related to it. God, you should see me at an ancient Greece exhibit. I'm like a kid in a candy store. And let me tell you, I am not an art person (sadly). I do love candy, though. Anyway. I've seen mixed reviews about this, some enjoyed it, some disliked it, and I have to say I cannot wait to get my hands on it so I can form my opinion. I'm so, so, so excited about this book. The cover is a bit cheesy, but I don't care! Greek stuff! Happy Lamia!!! ... Yeah. I'll stop now.

....
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Publishing date: March 22, 2011
Goodreads

I love dystopian novels as a rule, and I couldn't be more excited about this. I've heard people RAVING about it and I'm very interested in the dynamics between the characters. The concept of sister wives seems... Interesting to explore. And the plot appeals to my biology nerd, for some reason. Plus, the cover is gorgeous. Yes, that's a criteria. Ijustcanthelpmyself.



....
Entwined by Heather Dixon
Publishing date: March 29, 2011
Goodreads

There's just one bit of the summary that I keep reading over and over again:
"But there is a cost.
 The Keeper likes to keep things."
Hmph. I just want to have this book in front of me right this moment. I can't wait to see the author's take on The Twelves Dancing Princesses, and I'm very intrigued by this Keeper character. I love reading debut novels so I have very high hopes for this one.   :)

....
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
Publishing date: May 23, 2011
Goodreads

Another dystopian novel. The premise is pretty exciting, even if it's not the most original thing, especially considering the publishing trend right now. But I love reading about a future where our perception of emotions has been altered, so this book is right up my alley. Justin seems to be a pretty interesting character, and I'm looking forward to reading about Maggie's slow awakening. I just hope it won't follow the same pattern than other similar stories, with the first being half very slow and everything happening very quickly in the last third the book.





What's on your wish list?

3 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I have just finished The Goddess Test and thought it was a great debut. I am most excited for Die For Me by Amy Plum :)

The Flashlight Reader said...

I just finished reading The Goddess Test. Loved it. Can't wait to buy a paper copy. I want to read Entwined also. I love fairytale retellings. The Twelve Dancing Princesses is one of my favorite fairytales.

New follower from FF. You can check my blog out if you wish at: http://www.aflashlightreader.blogpot.com

brandileigh2003 said...

I really enjoyed Wither, it was a great dystopia with complex characters.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Post a Comment

Tell me your deep, dark secrets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...