Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (7)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, I'm excited about:

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Publishing date: September 27th, 2011
Goodreads

What if you were bound for a new world, about to pledge your life to someone you'd been promised to since birth, and one unexpected violent attack made survival—not love—the issue?

Out in the murky nebula lurks an unseen enemy: the New Horizon. On its way to populate a distant planet in the wake of Earth's collapse, the ship's crew has been unable to conceive a generation to continue its mission. They need young girls desperately, or their zealous leader's efforts will fail. Onboard their sister ship, the Empyrean, the unsuspecting families don't know an attack is being mounted that could claim the most important among them...

Fifteen-year-old Waverly is part of the first generation to be successfully conceived in deep space; she was born on the Empyrean, and the large farming vessel is all she knows. Her concerns are those of any teenager—until Kieran Alden proposes to her. The handsome captain-to-be has everything Waverly could ever want in a husband, and with the pressure to start having children, everyone is sure he's the best choice. Except for Waverly, who wants more from life than marriage—and is secretly intrigued by the shy, darkly brilliant Seth.

But when the Empyrean faces sudden attack by their assumed allies, they quickly find out that the enemies aren't all from the outside.

Whevener I see "shy" in a guy's description, I start day-dreaming. I mean, it's such a pretty word. Shy. Say it with me. "He's shy". "Shy". <3 <3 <3
What? Why are you looking at me like that?

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
Publishing date: October 4th, 2011
Goodreads

Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster.

Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though.

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters.

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.

Yet another mythology book. I'm really excited about it (duh, Greek myths), but so far, all the books centered around Greek mythology that have come out this year have disappointed me. I hope this one lives up to my expectations.


What are you excited for?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love a book based off of Greek mythology. This sounds a bit like it has a bit of Prince and the Pauper mixed in it too. Excellent.

Here's my WoW, please stop by and check it out!

rameau said...

Glow sounds more intriguing to me. Why do you do this to me? Have you not seen my tbr list? And six months. How am I going to wait that long?

Karis Jacobstein said...

Nice choices! I now have Glow on my list...

My WWW and Wow: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-and-waiting-on-wednesday-april-27th.html

Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

Glow sound amazing! I also love shy guys and promise I wasn't giving you any weird looks. lol I cant'wait for a bunch of books- mainly Divergent and (my pick this week) The Mephisto Covenant! :)

Unknown said...

They both look amazing :)

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

Justine said...

Oooooh, a shy guy! Now that is what I would love to read! Nice dystopian type of a book. Ahh! Must add it on goodreads! :D

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

How awesome does Glow sound. Great pick :)

Post a Comment

Tell me your deep, dark secrets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...