Monday, May 30, 2011

Eating ARCs

Hi there!

Have you ever been on NetGalley and stared at aaaaaall the galleys, thinking "oh my god, I don't want to go through 30 pages to have something to read"? Have you ever gotten your Galley Grab newsletter and stared at the adult fiction galleys, and went "ummmm. I'll look at this later"?

Well, this is where I come in. Once a month, I'll be sharing a list of e-ARCs that have peaked picked piqued my interest, that are from popular authors or that I've seen recommended all around Goodreads/the blogosphere.

Ready? Here we go.


NetGalley: (click on the cover to go to the book's NetGalley page so you can request it)

Candlewick Press:

Angel Burn A Long, Long Sleep Circle Nine

HarperCollins:

Hereafter (Hereafter, #1) Everything We Ever Wanted Feast: Harvest of Dreams

Harlequin:
  • YA
Spellbound The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1)
Legacy (Legacy, #1) Rebirth (Aftertime, #2)

  • Adult
Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold The Harlot
Tell Me More Collide

Lerner Publishing Group:

Ultraviolet

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt:

Never Eighteen

Hyperion/Disney-Hyperion:

The Wild Rose (The Tea Rose, #3) The Near Witch Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)

Simon & Schuster Galley Grab:

In the newsletter: (covers lead to Goodreads)
  • Children's eGalleys

Forbidden Blood Red Road (Dustlands, #1) The Day Before
Sometimes It Happens Wildefire Cleopatra Confesses


  • Adult eGalleys:

Love Story Ordinary Beauty
Possession I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Not in the newsletter:

Past Perfect by Leila Sales Goodreads | Galley Grab
Swear (Swoon #2) by Nina Malkin Goodreads | Galley Grab
Gone Gone Gone by Hannah Moskowitz Goodreads | Galley Grab
Clean by Amy Reed Goodreads | Galley Grab
Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez Goodreads | Galley Grab <- I really liked that one. Just sayin.

Aaaaand that's *cough* all. See you all next month for another ARC post! And please, if I've missed anything, let me know. Or just tell me what you grabbed/requested :)

Oh, and thank you for the NetGalley and Galley Grab folks for enabling people who don't live in the US to get ARCs. I don't think I can express my love for you guys adequately.

18 comments:

The Flashlight Reader said...

I read A Long, Long Sleep a few months ago from NetGalley. It was pretty good. I'm not usually a fan of sci-fi, but that one worked for me.

Is that a new cover for Spellbound? That cover doesn't look like the one I've seen floating around. It's still cool though.

Thanks for the post! It's nice having everything featured in one place.

Small Review said...

This post is so full of win! I was wondering where people were getting Love Story from! I never look at the adult titles. Oops! THank you :)

I have Legacy, Wildefire, Forbidden, and Blood Red Road that I still have to read and I just grabbed Love Story and Possession. I probably won't get a chance to read Forbidden, Blood Red Road, or Possession though before they expire.

I've read Cleopatra Confesses and The Near Witch. Both were really good!

Wendy Darling said...

Thanks for listing these! I was approved for GG but haven't gotten a newsletter yet. I had the links for a few of their titles from off-newsletter, but Virtuosity or Clean, so I appreciate your linking to them. Hoping the first newsletter comes through soon...

Do they list all the previous titles available in the newsletter, btw? I hope so...haven't read a few of the others yet.

Cory K said...

This is SOOO helpful and such a nifty idea. Great post! Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi! I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

Anonymous said...

You. Are. A. Life. Saver!

This is the perfectest (not a word!) thing in the whole whole world!!!!

I didn't even know that Possession and Love Story were in the Galley Grab letter because I don't go through the adult titles!

Thank you for this amazingness (not a word!)

:D

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I can't even...
I want to buy you flowers, and chocolates, and of course books.
This is the most amazing post. Ever.
I'm following you now, cause your awesomeness is just epic.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I just have to comment again! I've come back to this post 4 times since I first saw it.

I still don't understand how you got to be so intelligent. My mind is blown at your awesomeness!

This post is perfection. YOU are perfection.

Scarlett said...

You are FANTASTIC!!! I've been trying to get my mitts on "A long long sleep" and "Love Story" for AGES! Love story wasn't that obvious on the galleygrab and Netgalley can sometimes be a butt when I am trying to search for something specific. Thank you SOOO much for sharing!!!!

Fic Talk said...

SO INFORMATIVE. Thanks so much for doing a post like this. I've got most of the books listed, but didn't know how good the others appeared to be until you mentioned them. Can't wait for next month's update!

Lisa @Fic Talk

Amy said...

That's such a great idea. I will be following.

Great blog.

Amy@adumbrations

http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/

Cait said...

Such a good idea!! Get you, clevercloggs I am so impressed. I really wanted a long long sleep so thankyou XD

Rebecca said...

Wow you are awesome! This post is great. How did you find Swear on GalleyGrab if it wasn't in the newsletter? It was one I was really hoping to read, now I can. Thank you so much!

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Great idea - I love NetGalley and just sent off my application to join Galley Grab too!

Nomes said...

this is such an awesome post!

you are like my new best bud, haha

i haven't joined netgalley (yet) and only recently joined galleygrab ~ which i think i am going to get addicted to :)

x Nomes

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

So many good books so little time!

supercalifragiliciousreads said...

love ur post! i just started blogging and didnt realized all the arcs you could get with book-reviewing until now!

Desert Rose said...

I'll be looking forward to your ARC recommendations. Since I get overwhelmed when I visit NetGalley and just don't know what to choose, they are so many interesting books there!!
Now at least I could focus on these.. Thanks :)

Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

I agree with you on so many of these- Like Spellbound, Ultraviolet and Angel Burn! Now that I see these books, I feel so behind on my reviewing! Agh!

Post a Comment

Tell me your deep, dark secrets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...